Within comfortable walking distance of Beech House is Clifton Village, with its elegant Georgian terraces and the world-famous Clifton Suspension Bridge. Read on for five of our favourite things to do in this historic part of Bristol.
1. Tucked inside a courtyard of Georgian terraces, relax in style at one of the country’s oldest lidos, just two minutes’ walk from Beech House. Treat yourself to a massage before visiting the spa’s award-winning restaurant.
2. Shop until you drop on buzzing Whiteladies Road, which is just around the corner from Beech House and brimming with independents. From up-market furniture shops to galleries, fashion and gift shops, there’s something to keep everyone happy. Don’t forget to check out the Whiteladies Road Market, every Saturday.
3. Clifton is home to BBC Bristol and visitors can find out what goes on inside the regional television centre with a BBC Bristol Tour. Find out how ‘Antiques Roadshow’ and ‘Blue Planet 2’ plus many Radio 4 programmes are produced and visit their interactive studio.
4. Housed in a beautiful 19th century church on Whiteladies Road, try out celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage Canteen and tuck into fresh, seasonal dishes.
5. Blow the cobwebs away and head to one of Bristol’s most popular green spaces, The Downs, boasting fantastic views of the Avon Gorge.